Avast me swabbies and hornswagglers! Gather ’round for a bit of the old scuttlebutt. It be September 19th, and be meaning it’s one of yer’ captain’s favorite holidays!
Talk Like a Pirate Day is special for me because my first published game, Scallywags, is just that! A game about being scurvy dogs and talkin’ like a pirate. Ever since, I’ve made it a tradition of giving away games, and this year is no different!
Earlier this summer, I self-published a small run of a card game called Me Booty! The game was given away for free at Gen Con and when I left with a few copies still in my backpack, I knew I had to save them for today. This is the perfect game for giving away on Pirate Day!
There’s 5 copies of this game up for grabs to you land lubbers. All you have to do is share with me, through this site or your social media venue of choice, some creative, piratey, creation that aims to convince me that your life would be made better by owning Me Booty!
1. Create something pirate themed – I leave it completely up to your imagination. It could be anything from a photo, story, costume, video, drawing, painting, Photoshop, song, Lego creation…. whatever. If you can make me laugh, you’ll likely score bonus points.
2. Share it with me (and the world) through your social media outlet of choice! I use Google +, Facebook, and Twitter. Take your pick. This article is posted on all three of those outlets. Share in the comments, Tweet @ me, or post in the comments here at cheveedodd.com. I’m not going to ask you to thumb, like, favorite, plus, or otherwise shill yourself and my pages… though, having your friends boost your post with re-shares and favorites and such may just sway my opinion. You don’t have to follow me on any of those outlets either! I won’t even take points away if you don’t!
3. Private messages and emails WILL NOT be accepted. If you’re going to make a fool of yourself, you have to share it with the world!
4. Submit your entry between now (0800EST) and Midnight tonight. Submissions posted after midnight will not be accepted unless they are exceptionally awesome (totally at my discretion of course.)
5. This contest is open to ANYONE, ANYWHERE. That’s right, I’ll ship internationally. I’ll even take submissions from people who already own the game. EVERYONE is welcome. Show us your piratitude!!!
6. The winners will be announced at some point between 0001 and 1159 EST Monday, September 22. Yes, I’m aware that’s an entire day. I’ll review the submissions this weekend and pick my five favorite (and maybe a few runners up who may get something else special though not as cool.) An article will be written, winners will be announced. If you are chosen, and I have a method of contacting you (because you DO follow me on one of the fore-mentioned social media sites) I will contact you to let you know that you won. Otherwise, you have until Midnight on Tuesday, September 23rd to contact me about your prize. The article will be posted here, at cheveedodd.com as well as on all the social media sites above.
Good luck you bilge rats! Enjoy your grog, swindle some scallywags, an’ be talkin’ like a pirate!